Dennis Gambs is an elected member of the Zone 7 Board of Directors, a licensed civil engineer, and former water resources manager at the water agency where he retired in 2015. He held a variety of positions responsible for the planning, design, and construction of water supply and flood control projects during his 34 years at Zone 7. He has also been active in serving the community through a variety of volunteer roles.
AFFILIATIONS AS A ZONE 7 BOARD MEMBER (2018 – present)
- Water Resources Committee (2019 – present)
- Association of California Water Agencies Joint Powers Insurance Agency (2020 - 21)
- Livermore Valley Chamber of Commerce Business Alliance (2018 - present)
- Alameda County Special Districts Association (2019 - present)
University of California, Berkeley Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering (1976 - 1978)
San Jose State University, Master of Science Civil Engineering/Water Resources (1987 - 1990)
NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS A WATER RESOURCES MANAGER
- Managed Vineyard Pipeline, Arroyo Mocho Widening and Dougherty Reservoir & Pipeline Projects.
- Managed feasibility studies/ agreements for obtaining SWP transfers, storage from Semitropic (Kern Co.), and acquisition of the "Future" Contractor's share of the South Bay Aqueduct needed to add Dougherty Valley into Zone 7’s water service area.
- Established Zone 7’s Water Connection Fee and facility Renewal/Replacement Programs.
- Negotiated the treated water supply agreements with Zone 7’s retailers.
- Served as Zone 7’s representative on the Tri-Valley Agricultural Water Task Force, Alameda County Agricultural Advisory Committee and Tri-Valley Technical Advisory Committee, for the retailers.
- Past President and Member - Rotary Club of Livermore Valley (1999 – present)
- Past President and Board Member - Rotarian Foundation of Livermore (2004 – 2021)
- Member and Government Committee Chair - Alameda County Grand Jury (2015 - 2017)
- Past President and Member - Southbay Engineers Club (1983 – 2015)
- Past President and Board Member - Tri Valley Adult Day Care (Foundation) (2005 – 2020)
- Past President and Member - Design Review Committee, City of Livermore (1983 – 1986)
HONORS & AWARDS
Community Service Award - for the Rotary Bandstand at Carnegie Park (2015)
Rotarian of the Year (Bill Webster Award) - Rotary Club of Livermore Valley (2007)
Born in Oakland, Dennis is a Bay Area native and fourth generation Californian. He grew up in Lafayette and moved with his wife, Lisa, to Livermore in 1980 where they raised their two sons. They have since gained a daughter in-law, grandson, and granddaughter. He is a third-generation civil engineer following in his father’s, and grandfather’s footsteps.